Crispy baked tofu is one of our favourite things to add to any meal. If you want to eat more plant based this month, try this delicious meal from Just Natural.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
For the Tofu
For the Sauce
60ml soy sauce or
2 tbsp water
2 tsp maple syrup
½ tsp chilli flakes or chilli paste
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch
Noodles of choice
Fresh broccoli, steamed or roasted
Sesame seeds, black and white
How to Make it
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place tofu in a bowl, cover with the tamari or soy sauce, the olive or sesame oil, and then add in the starch.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Cook noodles according to the packet’s instructions.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Once the tofu is cooked, add your sauce to a pan. Allow to heat through for just a minute or two before adding in the tofu and tossing to coat.
- Serve on a bed of noodles with broccoli (or other preferred green veggies) and sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds to serve.