No matter what time of year it is, we always find comfort in a bowl of warming chilli: enjoyed curled up beside a roaring fire, or under a blanket on a cool summer’s evening. This bowl of chilli has a hug-in-a-bowl quality about it. Feel free to add in more veggies to the mix!
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 4
- Place the quinoa and 375ml of water in a pot. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the oil to a separate large pot, over a medium heat. Once hot, add the red onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and herbs, passata, chopped tomatoes, and remaining 125ml of water to the this large pot, bring to the boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the beans, sweetcorn, and cooked quinoa. Add in the dark chocolate. Leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes to thicken up.
- Season to taste with salt. Add the juice of one lime and stir through before serving.
- Serve topped with chunks of ripe avocado and a healthy dollop of dairy-free yogurt.