Probiotic for Babies and Children can easily be mixed with your child's favourite cold foods or beverages. This OptiBac formula can be taken with formula milk when it is at room temperature, but not when warmed (as heat reduces the viability of probiotics.).Take as following, or as professionally directed:
- Infants from birth to 12 months: one sachet per day.
- Children 12 months and above: one to two sachets per day, as desired.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers: one sachet per day.
- Adults and children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of probiotics.
- Probiotics are best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
- Probiotics and prebiotics will not cause dependency, and can safely be taken on an ongoing basis.
SafetyIt is not recommended to give live cultures to patients who: are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the Intensive Care Unit, have blood in the stool, have central venous catheters; or to post-surgical patients with open wounds, or infants with short bowel syndrome; unless under a doctor's care.