This is a great product and easy to give to my 9 month old. I just let her lick it off my finger and for some reason she loves it! Will definitely plan to have on hand for my own use if there is a baby #2 and I have to be on antibiotics after delivery.
OptiBac Probiotics For Babies and Children.
What our customers say
- Suitable for children from birth to 12 years old
- Contains 3 strains of probiotics, plus a prebiotic
- 3 billion probiotics per sachet
- With added Vitamin D for immunity
- Helps with digestive problems and skin problems
- Easy 1 daily sachet dosage
- Also suitable for pregnant women
Why supplement with Optibac probiotics?
Optibac Probiotics For Babies and Children have a New and Improved formula, now with added vitamin D and L. rhamnosus GG – the most scientifically studied strain in the world!
Gut health should be a priority for us all, with 70% of the immune system in the gut. Scientists continue to prove that probiotics are fundamental to good overall health. Optibac Probiotics For babies and Children offer a natural option for supporting gut and immune health in babies and children.
The three probiotic strains in this supplement have undergone clinical trials worldwide, and the new formulation now includes Vitamin D to support immunity. These probiotics can benefit immunity, general digestive health and overall wellbeing as result of keeping the digestive and immune systems well maintained
The new and improved Optibac formula contains:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
- Bifidobacterium breve M16V®
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001
- Vitamin D3
- Prebiotic FOS fibres
- Same 3 billion probiotics count per sachet that parents have come to expect from Optibac
Optibac for Babies and Children are proved to support immune health and gut health. They can also aid with colic (excessive crying), improve symptoms of allergies to cow’s milk, and reduce skin conditions such as eczema.
The first 1,000 days of a child’s life are incredibly important for microbiome development, offering a chance to positively influence health in later years. Even after this stage, diet, environment, and lifestyle can influence the gut health and the microbiome, the health of which can affect susceptibility to complaints such as: respiratory tract infections, colic, asthma, eczema, IBS, constipation and diarrhoea and cow’s milk allergies.
Stabiliser: maltodextrin (natural source)
Fructooligosaccharides (FOS 0.5g)
Live cultures: Bifidobacterium breve M-16V®, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001
Vitamin D3 (2.5 µg100IU, 50% NRV*) *Nutrient Reference Value
Each sachet contains 3 billion live cultures guaranteed until the date of expiry.
No added sugars
Free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
No chemicals or parabens
If possible, it is recommended to give this supplement with the first meal of day when stomach acidity is at its most neutral. This ensures that the live cultures pass safely through the harsh stomach environment. Giving the supplement with food also helps to buffer stomach acid and helps to assist the transit of the bacteria through the stomach and into the gut.
- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast
- Simply mix with your child's favourite cool, non-acidic foods or drinks – try sprinkling the powder over cereal, mixing it with yogurt, or dissolve in water or milk.
- Can be taken with formula milk - simply add to the bottle once it has cooled down to room temperature (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Give 1 sachet daily.
- If desired or professionally directed, can be increased to 2 sachets a day
Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care. Keep out of reach of children.
This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions. Probiotic supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy lifestyle and varied diet. If you are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use. Optibac Probiotics supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.