OptiBac Probiotics For Pregnancy.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one! Write a Review
- Each serving contains 12 billion live cultures + 30 mg FOS fibres
- Contains well researched friendly bacteria strains which have been trialled in hundreds of pregnant women
- All three strains are scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- Recommended for daily use
Optibac Probiotics For Pregnancy complements your natural gut bacteria. Each capsule contains 12 billion live cultures + 30 mg FOS fibres and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry. FOS stands for Fructo-oligosaccharides and is a type of non-digestible carbohydrate. This means that it is not able to be broken down in the small intestines, and instead enters the large intestine where it is fermented by the good bacteria living there.
Contains well researched friendly bacteria strains which have been trialled in hundreds of pregnant women, all three strains are scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut. Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14® are also proven to reach the vaginal tract
L. rhamnosus HN001 has been shown to stimulate immunological responses, and maternal supplementation of L. rhamnosus HN001 may have beneficial immune effects for both mother and baby.
Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required when stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C. Recommended for daily use
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001, Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14®, Bifidobacterium lactis HN019
- Corn starch
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS 30mg)
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate
Check bottom of pack for Best Before date.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, dairy free and gluten free diets.
Suitable in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Soy free, Yeast free, GMO free, free from artificial flabourings, colourings and preservatives.
Food supplement suitable for pregnant women from conception through to birth and for breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding women post birth with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, or as professionally directed.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the capsule can be opened and contents mixed with a cold meal or beverage that aren't too acidic.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
- May be taken on an ongoing basis or as professionally directed.
- For best results use daily.
Morning sickness and/or nausea is a common symptom in pregnancy and therefore pregnant women often prefer taking supplements in the form of capsules. To make taking ‘For pregnancy’ capsules as easy as possible, we recommend tilting the head forward to swallow the capsule. Details below:
- When swallowing tablets, it’s common to put the tablet in your mouth, drink some water and knock the head back to swallow it (i.e. look up before swallowing). Doing this uses the weight of the tablet to move it to the back of the throat and makes it easier to swallow successfully
- With a capsule, however, this won’t work because of the air in the capsule. Instead, while the capsule and water are in the mouth, we recommend to look down before swallowing. This will buoy the capsule to the top of the water (back of the throat) and make it easier to swallow, particularly if morning sickness and/or nausea are a problem for the individual
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those taking any medication or with serious medical conditions should consult a doctor before use. OptiBac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.