• Relieves muscle and joint pain
• For rheumatic pain, backache or lumbago
• Made from extracts of cultivated Devil’s Claw rather than endangered wild harvested herb
• Can be used with other medicines
What is Atrosan® Devil's Claw?
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw is a licensed herbal rheumatism product made from extracts of Devil’s Claw herb cultivated in the Kalahari without the use of artificial fertilisers, insecticides or fungicides. It can be used for joint pain and to reduce symptoms of back pain or other rheumatism pains in the shoulders and elbows, or for knee and other joint pains. Always read the leaflet
Dosage of Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets may be used as a rheumatism product for the relief of joint & muscular pain in adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly.
• Use one tablet twice daily immediately after food. The dose can be increased to two tablets twice daily if relief is not obtained after 3 to 5 days.
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets contain the extract of Harpagophytum procumbens root, also known as Devil’s Claw.
• One film-coated tablet contains 480 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Devil’s Claw root (Harpagophytum procumbens D.C. and/or H. zeyheri L. Decne.) (1.5-3.0:1). Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60% V/V.
• Other ingredients found in Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets are lactose, maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose, precipitated silica, colloidal silica and magnesium stearate (vegetable source). The tablet coating contains talc, titanium dioxide, macrogol and hypromellose.
We do not use genetically modified ingredients.
Who can't use Atrosan® Devil's Claw tablets
Do not use if you have a hypersensitivity to Devil’s Claw or any of the other ingredients
Do not use if you have a gastric or duodenal ulcer
If you have heart problems, consult your doctor before using Devil’s Claw products such as Atrosan
Consult your doctor if joint pain is accompanied by swelling, redness or a fever
Like all Devil’s Claw products, Atrosan® may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects of Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets are likely to be minor and take the form of digestive symptoms (feeling sick, stomach discomfort and digestive upsets such as sickness or diarrhoea, skin rash, itching, headache and dizziness).
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I use Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets if I am on other painkilling medication?
Yes, Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets may be used with other pain relieving medicines.
2. Will Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets upset my stomach?
The use of Atrosan® is not commonly associated with stomach upsets or other digestive symptoms. However, some people may experience digestive symptoms as a side effect. If you suffer from a stomach or duodenal ulcer, do not use Devil’s Claw products such as Atrosan®.
3. How long will it take before I experience a benefit for my joints if I am using Atrosan® Devil’s Claw?
Everyone is different and the effect of medicines cannot be guaranteed. You should be able to feel for yourself if the product is helping you. If you do not feel the benefits of using this product after 8 weeks, or if your condition worsens, you should consult your doctor.
4. I don't have arthritis but suffer from joint and muscular pains. Can I use Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets?
Yes, you can take Atrosan® for joint or muscular pains. Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets is a traditional herbal remedy licensed as a rheumatism product for joint pain relief, including the relief of joint pain, muscular pain, knee, hip, elbow or shoulder pain and for treating lower back pain.
5. My doctor has said that I can’t take anymore of the painkillers that I’m on at the moment. Can I use Atrosan® for my arthritis?
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets are not contraindicated with any other medication, including painkillers. If you would like the safety information to show your doctor then please get in touch with our Helpline staff, who will send it to you.
6. I have heard about people getting addicted to pain-killing medication. Is it possible to become addicted to Atrosan® tablets?
Atrosan® tablets contain an extract of Devil’s Claw, which is not associated with any addictive properties. There are no reports of addiction with this product and it is not something that we would expect to see with use of Devil’s Claw.
7. I am asthmatic and there are some painkillers I can’t take. Can I use Atrosan® tablets?
Yes. There are no problems for asthmatics with using Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets.
*Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women. If you are taking any medications or have any medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
After 2 plus years, I continue to be pain free from arthritis and have great mobility . Great value for money and no side effects.
I have been using this wonderful product for around 3 years now- it’s THE BEST for arthritis! Life changing, no need for analgesia or surgery.
A friend recommended this medication to me for arthritis; I had lost ability to open jars/ packets and couldn’t turn on kitchen taps! After 3 weeks of Atrosan, I am able to manage all of these.. no side effects! Wonderful, highly recommend this product.
I haven’t really taken these long enough to feel the full benefit!I do still have considerable back pain however hoping this will help in the long run!
New lease of life!
Artisan has given me full use of my hands back by removing colicky joints and easing pain in my hands due to arthritis in both hands. After 6 weeks of using Atrosan , higher dose, I now have full use of my hand and finger joints! I would love if the higher dose was available in one, single tablet but it has changed my life! I had it recommended to me and I give it high recommendation, too!
Found very helpful in easy tendinitis in my shoulder