• Relieve the symptoms of cold and flu viruses by supporting your immune system
• Made from Echinacea purpurea
• Tincture from fresh Echinacea
What are Echinaforce® Echinacea drops?
Echinaforce® Echinacea drops are a traditional herbal remedy used for the symptomatic relief of colds, influenza type infections and similar upper respiratory tract conditions. Always read the leaflet. Echinaforce drops leaflet.
Echinaforce® Echinacea is made from fresh extracts of Echinacea purpurea herb (95%) and root (5%). It is available as drops (tincture in 15ml, 50ml & 100ml bottles) and as tablets (42 tablets & 120 tablets).
Echinacea is a plant native to America but is now cultivated extensively in Europe. The plants which go into our product are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.
Up to 10 species of Echinacea have been identified, but only three (E. purpurea, E. angustifolia and E. pallida) are used medicinally. Echinacea purpurea is considered to be the one which has been most widely researched and this is the species we use.
Our Echinacea is produced using extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea herb and root, picked fresh and used within 24 hours of harvest. The benefit of using freshly harvested herbs has been demonstrated in research - extracts produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times as many active substances compared with those obtained from equivalent amounts of dried herb*.
This is why, when you need a herbal remedy to help you fight the misery of colds and flu, not all Echinaceas are the same.
*Tobler M et al: Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitMedizin, 1994
Dosage of Echinaforce® Echinacea drops -
A.Vogel Echinaforce® Echinacea drops (tincture) may be used by adults and children over the age of 12 years to fight the symptoms of colds and flu.
Dosage of Echinaforce® drops:
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years: 15 drops (0.6ml) of tincture in a small amount of water, 2 to 3 times daily.
• Do not take more than the recommended dose. Taking too much (overdose) is unlikely to be harmful.
• For oral use
• Not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age
• Start at first signs of common cold. Do not use for more than 10 days
• If symptoms worsen during the use of the product or persist for more than 10 days, a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted
1 ml of oral liquid contains the tinctures of: Fresh Echinacea herb (Echinacea purpurea (L) Moench) (1:7.5-14.6) 860 mg. Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v Fresh Echinacea root (Echinacea purpurea (L) Moench) (1:7.1-12.5) 45 mg. Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v
1 ml of Echinaforce is equivalent to 25 oral drops.
The other ingredients used for the liquid are ethanol.
Use in pregnancy or when breastfeeding -
Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Before you take this product -
Do not use if you are:
• Allergic to products containing Echinacea
• If you have a tendency to allergies such a hives, allergic eczema or asthma consult your doctor before use. This product may not be suitable for you.
• Do not use this product if you are taking another medicine which is affected by alcohol.
• If you are having treatment to reduce the response of you immune system (immunosuppression) e.g. chemotherapy, readiotherapy, or if you have an autoimmune disease, do not use this product.
You should also be aware that our Echinacea drops, like all herbal tinctures, contains ethanol (alcohol). Each dose of tincture contains up to 350mg of ethanol - equivalent to 8.8ml of beer (less than a tablespoon) or 3.7ml of wine (less than a teaspoon). If you suffer from alcoholism, the alcohol content may be harmful. If you are in a high-risk group (eg. patients with liver disease or epilepsy) you should consider the alcohol content before taking this product.
Frequently asked questions -
1. What are the benefits of Echinaforce®?
Our Echinacea drops and tablets may be used to relieve the symptoms of the common cold and flu, helping the body fight these and other similar infections of the upper respiratory tract.
2. How does it work?
It helps maintain the body's resistance by supporting the immune system. The benefit of this is that the body is able to fight the symptoms of cold, flu and upper respiratory tract infections better.
3. Are summer colds different from ordinary common colds experienced during the winter?
No, these are similar infections and although they may give rise to different symptoms they will behave and respond to treatment in the same way.
4. How do I know if I have the flu?
It can sometimes be difficult to tell. Flu (or influenza) produces similar symptoms to the common cold but these are usually more severe. In addition, you may experience fever, sweats and muscle aches.
5. Can I take Echinaforce® if I’m due to have the flu jab or vaccination?
Whilst there are no contraindications for the use of Echinacea drops or tablets either immediately before or after the flu vaccination, if you currently have a cold or flu infection, you should speak to the person administering the vaccine to confirm that you are able to proceed with it.
Getting sufficient sleep may also help to improve one’s response to vaccinations. Research has suggested that we may not get the maximum benefit from the flu jab, in terms of our body’s ability to produce sufficient antibodies, if we regularly sleep less than 6 hours per night.1
6. What is a head cold?
There really is no proper definition for the term 'head cold'. It is a commonly used expression usually indicating that symptoms, such as a blocked nose or sore throat, are confined to the head.
7. I have glaucoma and can’t take some cold and flu remedies because they contain antihistamines. Can I use Echinaforce®?
Yes, you can use Echinaforce®. There are no known reasons why people with glaucoma should not use Echinaforce®.
8. Will Echinaforce® affect my blood pressure? It is high and I have been told not to use some cold and flu remedies.
There are no known problems for people with high blood pressure taking Echinaforce®, which is an extract of freshly harvested Echinacea purpurea.
*Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women. If you are taking any medications or have any medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
16 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My husband has been taking this product For years too help with pain .
would always recommend as a winter go to, for protection from viruses. My favourite.
Does what it says on the bottle, have not had a cold for years.
I have taken Echinaforce for many years initially on the recommendation of Jan de Vries I’m sure it strengthens my immune system!
and a very efficient delivery of order
Have taken these drops for many years now !My main immune system support!
Builds up resistance to colds ,& flu. Would never be without it.
Not opened yet.Regular user. Every little helps!
This definitely works for me. I haven’t had a cold for years.