Important: this product is not intended to replace gluten avoidance in cases of Coeliac disease and cases of gluten allergy where total avoidance of gluten is the only way to remain symptom free. This product support the natural digestive process and may help those with non-Coeliac and non-allergic gluten intolerance.
- Supports mild digestive discomfort
- Digestive support for the consumption of gluten, casein, and lactose-containing foods (beans, milk and cheese)
- Eases gas and bloating associated with the consumption of fibre-rich foods
- Improves symptoms associated with food sensitivities
- Optimizes the absorption of nutrients
- Uniquely supports the digestive system and normalizes the inflammatory response
- Suitable for vegetarians
Proper digestion is critical to health and well-being. Digestive enzymes are released by the digestive tract when we eat, and enzymes are also present in whole foods to aid digestion.
Gluten is a sticky protein found in wheat and other grains including oats, rye, and barley.
Casein is a protein found in high amounts in cow’s milk and cheese. Lactose is also known as milk sugar and is the main sugar found in milk and dairy products.
Natural Factors Gluten Relief is specially formulated with a balanced blend of enzymes needed for complete digestion of difficult-to-digest foods, especially cereal grains and milk products, which contain carbohydrate, protein, gluten, and casein.
Beans and legumes contain starches that can be difficult to digest. Improved digestion of these foods can help ease digestive complaints and lighten the load on the digestive system.
The special enzyme blend contains the essential proteases I, II, III, IV, in addition to amylase I and II, glucoamylase, cellulose, lactase, and alpha-galactosidase, and is suitable for vegetarians.
Fungal protease (Aspergillus flavus var. oryae) (whole) 247.5mg (33,750 FCC HUT)
Bacterial protease (Bacillus subtilis) (Whole cell) 9mg (938 FCC PC)
Peptizyme serratiopeptidase (Serratia) (whole cell) 38mg (3,750 FCC SU)
Bromelain (Ananas comosus var. comoscus) (Stem) 2mg (37,500 FCC PU)
Papin (Carica papaya) (Fruit) 1mg (37,500 FCC PU)
Cellulase (Trichoderma reesei) (Whole) 1mg (75 FCC CU)
Lactase (Beta-galactosidase) (Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae) (whole) 4mg (154 FCC ALU)
Alpha-amylase (Bacillus subtilis) (Whole cell) 19mg (1,875 FCC DU)
Glucoamylase (Aspergillus niger) (Whole) 11mg (11.25 FCC BAU)
Lipase (Triacylglycerol lipase) (Candida rugosa) (Whole) 1mg (113 FCC LU)
Alpha-galactosidase (Apergillus niger) (Whole) 4mg (38 FCC GaIU)
Key to ingredient units:
FCC: Food Chemical Codex; HUT: Hemoglobin Unit on the Tyrosine Basis; PC: Protease Unit; SU: Serratiopeptidase Unit; PU: Papain Unit; CU: Cellulase Unit; ALU: Acid Lactase Unit; DU: Dextrinizing Unit; BAU: Bacterial Amylase Unit; AGU: Amyloglucosidase Unit; LU: Lipase Unit; GaIU: Galactosidase Activity Unit.
Other ingredients: Rice powder, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Recommended adult dose: 1–2 capsules daily with meals or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks.
Consult a health care practitioner if;
- Symptoms persist or worsen.
- If you have diabetes or a gastrointestinal lesion/ulcer.
- If you are taking an anticoagulant/blood thinner, an anti-inflammatory or antibiotic.
- If you are having surgery.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Are allergic to latex (kiwi fruit allergy is often associated with latex allergy, however there is no latex in this product) or fruits (such as avocado, banana, chestnut, passion fruit, fig, melon, mango, kiwi, pineapple, peach, and tomato)
Keep out of the reach of children
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.