- Easy to take in small capsules
- Pure grade vitamin D3
- Suitable for vegetarians
Lamberts Vitamin D3 4000iu provides 100µg of this important nutrient in the preferred D3 form, and at a strength that is increasingly being recommended to help correct deficiencies.
In the UK, the only significant food source of vitamin D is oily fish. Most of our vitamin D comes from the sun, but this can pose a problem as many people in the UK never get what they need from sunlight alone for several reasons:
- Sunlight's ability to help us produce vitamin D is hampered by season – it only works in the summer
- Latitude – the UK is far north
- Time of day – sun is strongest between 11am and 3pm
- Cloud cover – complete cloud cover reduces vitamin D synthesis by 50%
- Smog/pollution – most of us live in cities
- Skin melanin content – the darker skinned you are, the less vitamin D you will get from the sun
- The use of sunscreen – SPF 8 and above
Even in summer, when vitamin D is most available, it is estimated that 45% of the English population have vitamin D levels of less than 40nmol/L (deficient), and that 75% fail to reach the ‘optimal’ level of 75nmol/L.
Suitable for vegetarians.
Do not exceed recommended daily dose.