Who is it for?
For Women contains friendly bacteria strains especially found in the vaginal & urinary tracts, scientifically proven to reach the intimate area, and to complement the vaginal flora. It is suitable for women of all ages and is backed by over 30 years of research.
Friendly bacteria for women
• Specifically designed for the vaginal microbiome
It's not just the gut that has it's own microbiome, which is why we have created this specialist friendly bacteria supplement scientifically proven to reach the vagina
• Contains strains natural to the vaginal tract
A natural option containing strains natural to the vaginal and urinary tracts and complements natural pH levels
• Developed for quality not quantity
It's the strains used to develop For Women rather than the billions count that make this supplement a favourite amongst our customers
• Multi-strain formula
Contains the most studied strains for the intimate flora; the world renowned combination of L. rhamnosus GR-1® & L. reuteri RC-14®, trialled in thousands of women around the world
• Highly researched and clinically proven
Backed by over 25 studies and 30 years of research showing safety and quality
• Easy to take small oral capsule
Can be taken alone or alongside other supplements like cranberry, natural anti-bacterials and anti-fungals and more convenient than pessaries and creams
• From the UK's most recommended brand
Optibac is the brand of friendly bacteria supplements most recommended by UK consumers
Optibac Probiotics strains
• Lactobacillus paracasei F-19®
• Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1®
• Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®
For Women can be given to adults and children, from 4 years onwards, with the following recommendations:
• For best results take 1 capsule daily, preferably with breakfast
• May be increased to 2 capsules per day if desired or professionally directed.
• Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
• For those unable to swallow capsules, open and mix contents into cool food/drinks.
• Can be taken intensively or on an ongoing basis (daily).
• For Women can safely be taken alongside other supplements in the Optibac range.
• This supplement is designed to complement the natural vaginal flora and whilst called For Women, we acknowledge it may also be appropriate and helpful for trans men or non binary people. Please contact us if you're unsure which supplement to take - we're here to help!
• For best results, do not remove desiccant sachet from the glass jar and close lid firmly after each use.
• Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight. For maximum potency, can be refrigerated after opening.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care. Keep out of reach of children.
Vaginal health supplements are not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions. If taking probiotic supplements for vaginal health, note that these should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use. Optibac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Maltodextrin (natural source); Live cultures: Lactobacillus paracasei F-19®, Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1®; vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; stabiliser: microcrystalline cellulose; anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate
Each capsule guarantees 2.5 billion live cultures.
• No dairy
• Suitable during pregnancy
• Suitable during breastfeeding
• Suitable in menopause
• Gluten free
• Yeast free
• Soy free
• GMO free
• No added sugars
• Free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
• No chemicals and parabens
No. Live Cultures
1 capsule daily
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Seems to be helping will keep taking them
It really works, will use it again
The best probiotic for women by far
I have not experienced Bacterial Vaginosis since using this product! It really helped.